Maine Sightseeing & Activities
There’s a reason Maine is called “Vacationland.” Thanks to its unique natural setting a visitor to the state can find an almost endless variety of things to do. Shopping in the nationally renown outlets of Freeport and then go for a whale watch, visit a museum or visit a local flea market. You never know what you’ll find around the next corner, which is part of the fun of visiting Maine. Sightseeing in Maine is fun where people always smile and say, "Hello" and you know that they are truly glad to see you!
Oxford Casino Open 24 hours everyday and only a few minutes from the resort. Drive yourself or take one of our scheduled shuttles. Over 850 slots machines and 26 table games. It’s wicked good fun!
We are a proud member of The Gems of 26. All within 20 minutes from Poland Spring...
All worth a visit!
|Poland Spring Preservation Society 1893 Maine State Building, Art Gallery, and 1912 All Souls Chapel.||Poland Spring Preservation Park home of Poland Spring Water and the original source.||
Visit Harvest Hill Farm with a local farm store, Pumpkin Land, Corn Maze, Haunted Night Ride & petting farm.
Visit Mclaughlin Gardens
|Maine Wildlife Park - Guaranteed to see a moose (12 minutes away) See turtles, deer, black bears, or even a bobcat, at the Wildlife Park in Gray||Shaker Village (10 minutes away) Take a tour at the last active Shaker community in the world. Resort guests receive a discount.|
Sightseeing & things to do in Maine
- Swim at Range Pond State Park (10 minutes away)
- Swim in the Atlantic Ocean Beaches (warning....it's cold) 40 minutes.
- Race Fan? Oxford Plains Speedway (20 minutes away)
- Go gem mining at one of the areas mining camps.
- Quaint shopping? Exchange Street Portland is as good as it gets!
- Attend one of the almost weekly summer and fall festivals from July through October
- Visit the Elk Farm in West Paris
- See seals (What a tongue twister that is) with Casco Bay Tours
- Go bird watching at the Stanton Bird Sanctuary in Lewiston
- Visit a lighthouse and museum... Portland Head Light is in Casco Bay
- Go to a Maine Fair and enjoy!
- Shopping L. L. Bean and the Freeport Outlet Stores (40 minutes away)
- Love shopping flea markets? Just drive 20 minutes north of Poland Spring.
- Go antiquing.
- You can also play the ponies at Scarborough Downs.... (45 minutes)
- Check out the Poland House Gift Shop - 2 minutes away
- Go to the New Balance Factory Store... for some great deals, only 12 minutes away
- Visit Longfellow's Home in Portland
- Visit a one room schoolhouse turned museum in Poland - Thursdays only
- Catch a Portland Sea Dogs baseball game (AA affiliate of the Red Sox)
- Visit the Portland Museum of Art
- Go to the Portland Children's Museum
- Visit the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum in Portland
- Visit Blacksmiths, taste their fine Maine crafted wine... South Casco is a lot closer than Napa
- Take a drive up Route 26 and enjoy the scenery, check out the shops, and stop at the rest area in West Paris and see the Snow Falls Waterfall
Maine offers much, much more for your sightseeing fun!